Mental and Physical Health

Even though you are in great shape after your trip to the gym, you want to be sure to know what to do when you aren’t feeling the best.

Student Health

When you aren’t feeling the best physically, Student Health is the place to go.  Student Health is located on Flowers Drive in the Duke Clinic complex, just off West Campus to the northeast.  Student Health also has offices in Wilson Recreation Center for physical therapy consultation and nutrition counseling.  The phone number for Student Health is (919) 681-WELL.

All students must have adequate health insurance. For those students needing to insure family members more economical plans may be available.  Dental insurance is also available for an additional fee.

Counseling and Psychological Services

Counseling and Psychological Services, or CAPS, provides a range of counseling and psychological services.  The psychologists, clinical social workers, and psychiatrists employed by CAPS can be a comforting resource at the University.  CAPS is located on West Campus, south of the Chapel, in the Flowers building right next to Page Auditorium and can be reached at (919) 660-1000.